Tuesday 13 April 2010

The first finished piece for my major project... one down, about ten to go!
This is a sort of waist-cincher belt with screen printed silk and embroidery with soft suede ties. The base is knitted strips of silk, which took about 3 metres of my hand dyed stuff so I will probably never have the money or time to do again!
A couple of pieces in progress... I thought knitting was relaxing until I decided to do it for my project! I am getting a lot faster though, and creating my own patterns has been a steep learning curve!


Printed and embroidered silk bra-top. Its still in the process of being made and will include some knitted straps I think. I think when it's finished this might be one of my favourites.

These knickers are very cute I think, with a stencil printed silk bow and tie. Unfortunatley since they're for 'fashion', they're about a size 6 so too small for my big bum! They also had the women in the wool shop here a bit concerned that they would be no good for swimming... I assured them that that wasn't really a requirement for my degree show, and they went back to trying to sell me more wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment