Wednesday 30 June 2010

More of my finished pieces for my final project


My knitted knickers! These are very cute with my hand printed silk as a tie, bow and side ruffles. Knitted in supersoft cotton they're shaped at the back for bumcheeks ;-) They're pretty teeny (about a size 6) but hopefully I'll be selling somewhere soon so I'll make sure I do some bigger ones for us normal sized people!!


Finished silk bra with print, embroidery and knitted detail. I used really fine silk for this and dyed it, so it's really soft. the embroidery is a really detailed peony from my own drawings, as are the printed bugs. I knitted little tubes to go over the halterneck straps which are really soft too and I think a bit different!


I dyed a ball of bamboo yarn (which was new to me!) and knitted this little bra-top which I think is very pretty. The silk back straps are dyed and printed with my peony and beetle drawings, and then padded and embroidered. The bamboo doesn't shape so well as other yarns so I'd probably do it a bit differently for a more supportive shape, but this would be lovely on someone with perky little boobs!


Knitted vest based on a ww2 pattern, modernised with a beetle printed silk tie belt and fushia silk ribbon. This shaped really well as I knitted round the top so I decided to leave it strapless. Would probably need some of that rubbery stuff in so I might look into that!

No comments:

Post a Comment